Thursday, October 21, 2010

What a day...

This has probably been the craziest of all Mitch's and I days since we've been married. It was INSANE.

Mitch works as a student event coordinator on campus. During certain times he's in charge of all the events that happen, and making sure they have everything they need, that the A/V people are in their places, people know what they're doing, etc. I work on campus as an usher for the ticket office. I've done this ever since my very first semester here and I love it. So, because we both have these jobs (that are sort of related), the only time we saw each other before 9 pm was at a Forum on campus (Jon M. Huntsman, Sr...he's the most amazing, charitable millionaire, look him up!)

This was our schedule today, from start to finish:
10:45-12:45 Alaina works a Classroom Discussion on campus
12:00-4:00 Mitch works on campus (he had quite a few events today; I won't mention them all)
1:00-3:00 Alaina works the Jon Huntsman Forum on campus
3:15-3:45 Alaina attends one of her last on-campus classes for the semester (it went until 4:15 but had to leave early, because...)
4:00-6:00 Alaina has the Primary Program Practice at church (in our church the "Primary kids," ranging from ages 3-11 prepare all year for a program for the entire congregation. I'm the "Primary Chorister" so i'm in charge of teaching them the nine songs they needed to learn for this program. Their theme is "I Know My Savior Lives." Today we had a two-hour practice (with over 100 children) for their program performance this Sunday.
5:15-7:45 Mitch has his Human Anatomy & Physiology lab
6:30-8:45 Alaina works a percussion event on campus, we didn't get to see each other all day, but somehow we managed to get through all this with just one car, and eating twice on campus, which we try to avoid (it gets expensive! We left our cooler in Gillette, though, on Mitch's family's kitchen counter, so we really had no choice!).

Plus we had at least two hours each of homework for our online classes to do "when we had time."

I hope to not have another day like this until after I have this baby! I just don't have the energy that I usually do right now! All the standing ups and sitting downs of the Primary practice alone wore me out! All the teachers (sitting on the stage to help children be "reverent" and pay attention) said my face was really red by the end. I sure felt worn out! I really haven't felt very pregnant until today. I've had it pretty easy, in comparison with others I've talked to, and I've tried not to complain about things too much, since I've been so blessed with this pregnancy! Today was pretty overwhelming, though!

Oh, to end the day, Mitch and I went to Coldstone for a little treat (we had a coupon: woot!) was a disappointment. There were over THIRTY people in line and ONE person working. The last straw, the reason we just walked out, was when the one person working STOPPED helping people so he could hear an engagement story of a couple that had just gotten engaged that night. Fun fun. So, we tried Arctic Circle. Our Arctic Circle in Rexburg is going WAAAAY downhill. Tonight was the last time we will ever go; there was trash everywhere, children running barefoot (in and out of the supposedly CLOSED play area, which was also filthy), and there was grease all over the inside of the windows. The trash can was overflowing and everything was disgusting.

What a day...I'm so glad to have Mitch here to help me through days like this! Physically+emotionally exhausting events, one after another, in addition to being 9+ months pregnant do not leave me in such a great mood anymore!

...the due date is two weeks from Sunday, by the way :o) I can't tell if I'm excited or if I just want him to stay in there because he's so low-maintenance right now!! Is that horrible!?


  1. WOW that was a very busy day and ready to give birth practicly makes it a little harder. Your AMAZING Alaina!!

  2. That was definitely a crazy day! Good job in just making it through the other side. I'm pretty sure the primary presidency is super-relieved that you haven't gone into labor yet, lol.

  3. What a crazy day. It really just gets exhausting doesn't it. It is cool how the internet brings people back to aquaintance again. I love reading your blog. I just wanted my baby to come out but then you realize how easy you had it in pregnancy. I also had an easy pregnancy. I was a week overdue and probably would have been more if we didn't get induced. I hope you don't have to be induced. It sucks when I wanted a natural birth and didn't end up doing it.

  4. That's quite a bit of stuff to do in one day. And I've heard a lot of pregnant women say they prefer when the baby's still in there waiting, cause they are so easy to take care of in your belly, lol

  5. Try going to dairy queen for ice cream. Because it's Fall they have their pumpkin pie blizzards out. They are SO good. Sorry it was a rough day! Hang in there! :)

    Stephanie Ann

  6. People told me things like once you have her you'll wish she was back inside. I felt terrible when I was pregnant and after the first 2 weeks were over no way did I want her back in there! I finally felt good again! :) Good luck with everything! What a long day. There are days when I don't see my husband until 8:30 when Ava's going to bed because of his hard organic chem class. It's hard, but you'll make it.


I'd love to hear from you! :o)